We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM’s Image Signal Processor (ISP) group provides image processing technology for a range of sectors and use cases, including surveillance cameras, drones and automobiles. Our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of research and experimentation in the field of imaging. If you love challenges and opportunities of a fast-paced environment combined with the benefits of working for an established and respected company, then we believe that ARM is place for you
A phenomenal opportunity to work and get your hand dirty within an exceptional team of software engineers to deliver highly performing GPU models of our world leading image and video processing algorithms. We are looking for someone who is detail-minded, creative-thinker with strong focus of creating something new. You will be working in a small but highly focused group, where you will help design and optimize our next generation image processing blocks and pipelines with improved performance that helps to build up comprehensive design models for algorithms used in ISP solutions for ML. This opportunity requires an Engineer, a good all-rounder, who has already worked in complex software GPU models development using state of the art technologies, methodologies and tools. Your work will involve close interactions with architects and other design, verification and implementation engineers and will be expected to support less experienced engineers.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will deliver highly optimized GPU models for various ISP blocks, that are bit exact with the research group prototype or CPU based models.
- You will have creative freedom in choosing your algorithm wisely and improving certain aspects of algorithm.
- Performance optimization become your favourite pastime.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various GPU based solutions
- Participate into continuous integration
- You will be involved in model integration with other ISP products (tools, drivers).
- You will work with image quality experts to figure out requirements for processing and creating test cases with real images that would test Image Quality features of the block.
- Daily usage of software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- Develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software
- Identifying and solving software quality issues by debugging different modules of the image processing algorithms
- Solve computer vision challenges that can be applied on large-scale of applications
- Strong computer science foundations, with focus on vision
- Development skills (C/C++, GPU programming, OpenCV, MATLAB, Python)
- Significant coding experience in GPU, CPU models.
- Excellent deal of enthusiasm for performance optimisation.
- Deep understanding of Open CL, CUDA and SIMD scheme in general
- Strong foundation in modern C++(C++11, STL)
- Understanding of image processing algorithms
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Can thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Experience in creating design and test specifications with experience in the creation and maintenance of test suites.
- Exposure to Tensor Flow using Google colab or Keras python is a plus.
- Experience in AI, or Computer Vision a plus.
- Proficiency in linear algebra, probability, statistics
- Understanding of distributed and parallel computing.
- Experience with graphics hardware architecture
- Good understanding of ASIC implementation methods required to optimize for Performance, Power, Area (PPA)
- Experience with modern cross-platform optimizing compiler tools (eg. LLVM).
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a related subject such as Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science. Master’s preferred.
- Strong background in GPU programming and advanced computer vision
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps