We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a software/Hardware engineer with a strong analytical mindset to join the team and help ensure the best ML performance with most recent Arm ML software, systems and IP.
At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as they build sector-leading products from our IP. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
The successful engineer will be highly flexible, quick to learn and be motivated by the opportunity to understand and improve the performance of future Machine Learning solutions using Arm technology.
About this role
As an ML performance analysis engineer you will explore, analyse and influence the direction of Machine Learning performance on future Arm IP and systems.
You will collaborate closely with other specialists across Arm, including software, IP, and Systems teams to understand, explore and challenge the limits of performance capabilities.
You will use advanced pre-silicon platforms of next-generation systems, to understand new use-cases and significant workloads to ensure Arm IP and systems deliver excellent ML performance.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Software development experience, in languages such as C, C++ and Python (essential).
- Passion for analysis and improvement (essential).
- Low level software/hardware development & debug (desirable).
- CPU architecture knowledge (desirable)
- SoC domain experience, including knowledge of bus architectures, and memory systems (differentiating).
- Experience with working on pre-silicon platforms such as RTL simulation, emulation or FPGA (desirable).
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field.
What interpersonal skills do I need?
- Capable of working both in teams and independently.
- High degree of initiative and a confident problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
About the team
We are a focused engineering team working to ensure that Arm delivers performant ML software and hardware solutions and enables our partners to build competitive products. Using detailed analysis and rigorous characterisation, we inform and influence Arm engineering, marketing, and external partners.
The team covers a wide range of software and hardware levels, application domains, workloads and types of analysis to get a full and accurate picture of ML performance capabilities, limitations and improvement opportunities.
At Arm you will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with other software, hardware and system teams across the company.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will work in the Arm Machine Learning group to understand Machine Learning workloads, systems and performance expectations.
- You will develop and deploy software-based ML performance tests on pre-silicon platforms such as RTL emulation and FPGA.
- You will collaborate with other teams across Arm to analyse, interpret and guide Machine Learning performance and power for next generation IP.
- You will produce technical summaries for a range of audiences, based on detailed analysis and interpretation of results.
- You will share knowledge and influence others, both within ML Group and wider across Arm.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps