We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm architecture is seeking a Software Engineer to work at their headquarters in Cambridge. This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer to contribute to the development of machine generated reference models, which are built using tooling that reads and translates information in various formats.
If you are a Software Engineer that is starting their career and looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact on the next generation of these models, and where you will learn, grow and collaborate with engineers across our business, this is the ideal role for you!
The Architecture Information Technology Group (AIG) is a growing team involved in new exciting challenges. You will help changing the way how computer architecture is going to be developed and shared with partners across the globe.
Through your involvement, you will interact with and influence many parts of our business. Where you will develop and build high-quality, creative and fully performing software, that aligns with well-defined coding standards and technical design.
You and your team will work closely with other engineering managers, technical writers and Arm architects (both hardware and software) to understand and document Arm architecture.
As one of our Software Engineer, you will work in a flexible, supportive, and collaborative environment. Your skills are highly valued, you will receive on-the-job training, and mentoring to support your growth and career progression.
What will I be accountable for?
- Contributing to behavioural specifications, models and tools around domain specific languages
- You would be responsible for building and testing high quality tools and releasing them to other teams in Arm
- Understanding and prioritizing key requirements from partners.
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions, to a high level of quality.
- Ensuring good use of machine-readable specifications in this process to promote reuse, efficiency and design.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors (BS) OR Masters (MS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- You have strong skills in at least one high-level language.
- Strong grasp of algorithms, data structures and compilers.
- Your experience in all parts of the software development cycle to ensure good design, continuous integration and quality.
- You are dedicated and self-motivated
- You clearly communicate solutions for complicated technical problems. Excellent language skills in English orally and written are mandatory
- You put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Arm Architecture or CPU architecture in general
- You Understand the purpose and structure of compilers. Awareness of techniques in compiler optimization and code generation.
- You are familiar with Scala, Python, and Perl.
- You have familiarity with XML/XSLT.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps