We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven, creative and motivated engineer to join our GPU development team. The role requires close working relationships with the block design teams, developing and implementing new processes and methodologies that will help in the integration of new technology into our GPUs.
The role will be based in Cambridge, UK. The successful candidate will be an experienced hardware design engineer with proven ability to deliver high quality results in challenging timescales.
You will work as part of a cross-site team and take ownership of a range of tasks that are required for the successful development, integration and delivery of cutting-edge GPUs. You will work closely with the architecture, model, design, implementation and verification teams to ensure that both functional and design quality is achieved. You will be involved in GPU research and development from the early concept stages to the final delivery of the GPU to customers.
What you will be accountable for:
- Development of design methodology and deployment within the team.
- Integration, maintenance and delivery of RTL to meet our product roadmap.
- Debug of complex functional and performance design issues.
- Exploration and implementation of technologies and methodologies to improve our GPUs’ power / performance / area (PPA) profile.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, and ability to closely cooperate with other teams.
- Experience with hardware description languages (System Verilog preferable).
- Experience with version control and code review tools (Git/Gerrit preferable)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and techniques (Jenkins preferable).
- Proficiency in scripting for design automation using languages such as Python, Perl, JSON, Tcl, Make etc.
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Understanding of GPU architecture/micro-architecture, graphics and compute APIs.
- Experience of SoC integration and debug.
- Ability to debug issues using various EDA tools (Cadence Xcelium, Synopsys VCS, etc).
- Good general understanding of front-end design flows:
- Low power techniques.
- Synthesis constraining and timing reports analysis.
- Linting tools.
- Design for Test (DFT), and Logic and Memory Built-In Self-test (LBIST and MBIST).
- Experience with multi clock (CDC) and multi power domain designs.
- Knowledge of clock and reset topologies.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps