We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you interested to join a GPU compiler team working on a leading edge mobile GPU ?
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Senior Compiler Engineer to expand our team supporting the Mali™ mobile IPs. You will be joining a multinational and dynamic compiler group located across UK (Cambridge, Manchester) and Sweden (Lund).
The team supports both Graphics (OpenGL/ES, Vulkan) and Compute (OpenCL) APIs and is focused on improving the GPU technologies and tools that the mobile market will see now and in years to come.
What will you be accountable for ?
You will implement and test new features and optimizations to ensure our compilers get optimal performance out of our existing Mali GPUs, and contribute to the backend for our next generation GPUs. You will also have the opportunity to make a difference by influencing the architecture and instruction sets.
You might also be involved in improving open source tooling to facilitate developers to target Khronos GPU APIs, as well as contributing to open source compiler development frameworks to further the quality of tooling to support GPU languages and platforms.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need ?
- Experience with compiler development in a professional work environment
- Experience with open source compiler frameworks, preferably, but not limited to, LLVM
- Strong C/C++ knowledge
- Experience working with assembly code for any HW architecture
- Knowledge of Compute and Graphics APIs
- Experience in optimizing code for performance
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps