We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The GPU Engineering Division require an experienced and highly motivated Emulation Engineer to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of state of the art GPUs. The team predominantly employs simulation acceleration emulation techniques using SystemVerilog and C++. You will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work, creating and deploying new methodologies within the team.
About the team
Working in our main office, located in Cambridge within a team that spans three sites across Europe. The team includes design, verification and modelling engineers working on the future of graphics processors. Given the span of the team, there may be opportunity for travel to other sites during your work.
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
- Develop and maintain testbenches across simulation, emulation, FPGA platforms
- You are expected to investigate and script new emulation specific and optimising existing flows.
- In-depth knowledge of developing DPI based transactors to link C++ testbenches to emulators.
- Power and energy calculations from RTL or gate level netlist running on emulators.
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of emulation flows.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact and engage with simulation methodology team and FPGA development team.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
We are considering varying levels of experience as an Emulation Enginer to join a fast-growing team. You will require a consistent track record with simulation or emulation of FPGA development including ownership of a suitably complex IP or SoC environment. Be comfortable using Python along with C++ or SystemVerilog to develop testbenches whilst being familiar with the tools and processes for infrastructure to execute emulation flows. You will need to be capable of developing flows to make the best use of EDA tools across multiple platforms.
- Strong experience with emulation flows and aligning with simulation and FPGA platforms.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional environments for complex IP or SoC’s.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of synthesis and RTL.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- You posses the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
- Ideally you would have some working knowledge of graphics principles.
- Any interest in developing system level knowledge of integration large processors into a SoC subsystem
- Curiosity of how linux systems boot and device drivers get loaded would give you a good advantage working with the team
- Your background in dealing with software teams you may have gained knowledge of C/C++
- By interacting or working in verification you could have a grasp of UVM.
- Do you have a desire to gain more experience with formal verification.
- SystemVerilog for design & verification in complex design IP or SoC.
- Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in GPU Engineering: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our thoughtful culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps