We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An as Implementation Engineer at Arm, our work transcends across multiple divisions where we drive improved implementation power, performance and area (PPA) for Arm and our partners. A key component of this is around the development of comprehensive implementation and analysis methodologies.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will support and develop detailed implementation analysis and data-mining methodologies
- Work with implementation and physical IP RTL design teams to drive analysis and optimization of our IP
- You are responsible for implementing blocks of varying complexity around system interconnect, CPU and GPU cores as well as other unrivaled Arm IP
- Developing new methodologies to increase the efficiency and quality of critical IP implementations
- Interact closely with EDA vendors
- You are key in converting R&D concepts into real implementation solutions
- Enable our partners to achieve the best possible quality of results
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines
- The ability to demonstrate that you can express new ideas and communicate them effectively.
- Evident skills and experience in solving complex hardware engineering challenges, including low power and methodologies for PPA improvement.
- Possess a high level of dedicated, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in creating and adopting new silicon implementation techniques and methodologies and promote their use with international teams
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the entire IC design flow, from RTL through to GDS2.
- You will have had deep work experience in ASIC implementation challenges on cutting edge process nodes.
- Know how to run Logical Synthesis and STA.
- Experience working closely in top and block level floor planning, Place and Route, CTS, logical and physical optimization, timing closure and power analysis flows.
- Solid programming and scripting skills eg. Tcl, Perl, R, Make, sh.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementation analysis and data-mining methodologies
- Knowledge around Arm based SoCs
- Experience with a wide range of programming, scripting & data presentation languages Eg. Tcl, sh, csh, make, R, C, C++, Java, JS, HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, Perl, Python, Ruby, …
- Experience with low power design techniques (power gating, voltage/frequency scaling)
- Experience with Verilog RTL design.
- Understanding and working experience in static and dynamic IR-drop analysis.
- Experience of power grid design and analysis.
- Experience of physical verification (LVS and DRC) flows.
- Experience with ATPG tools/and or production testing.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take dailyresponsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with itMake feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps