We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Every day more than 40 million ARM-based chips are shipped by our partners into products that enhance the human experience; connecting people, improving lives and making the impossible possible. From the sensor to the cloud and all points in between, ARM is shaping the smart connected world.
An opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Co-ordinator to join Arm’s workplace experience team at our Sophia Antipolis Hub. This key role will be responsible for ensuring the continued delivery of our workplace services during a busy expansion period that will see the Sophia Antipolis office increase in both size and headcount.
This is an exciting time to join a very ambitious business at a time where we are building a state of the art office to accommodate up to 490 colleagues, the 4 offices in the area that we have today will be re-joining as one team into the new hub facility in Q4 2019 and Q1 2020.
The workplace is the confluence of the physical, information and social environments in which people perform work tasks. It can be anywhere and anytime. It’s no longer just the office, but we see a huge value in Arm at creating a place (a hub) that people want to collaborate, enjoy and be their best self.
If the challenge of working in a dynamic and creative culture on ground breaking technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
What are your responsibilities as an Office Coordinator?
- You assist in the management, maintenance and day to day ownership of support contracts: cleaning, catering, security, and building maintenance.
- You handle contracts and performance levels for cleaning and catering (specific to the office)
- You manage, maintain and co-ordinate corporate rates: hotels, taxis, stationary, express mail, mobile phones, fixtures and furniture
- Reviewing and reporting for internal use and compliance needs: heating, ventilation, water, carbon data, energy management information as required.
- Ordering office supplies e.g. stationery and new furniture where required, using Arm procurement team procedures.
- You help and support for travelling colleagues/visitors and relocation requests.
- You are maintaining a world-class reception service and customer experience throughout the workplace.
- You are in charge of the day to day support for the key services including the gym and wellness facility, restaurant, barista/café and the shared services hub.
- You are co-ordinating internal team/desk moves and setting up desks for new starters
- You are organizing recurrent and major site events (team building, conferences) as required
- You are supporting the team ARM with the implementation of approved events
- Ensure legal compliance with French legislation and Arm policies/procedures as required
- Conduct annual fire drills working with the maintenance team
- Maintain a sufficient number of trained First Aiders on site according to ARM Policy and ensure first aid equipment is inspected and kept in order
- Regular liaison with other UK& EMEA office co-ordinators to provide mutual support including regional wide projects alongside the office manager
- Ensure effective management of Sophia meeting rooms
- Effective delivery of onboarding and inductions of new employees
What skills and qualifications do You need?
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint (knowledge of Visio advantageous)
- Previous experience of workplace management and/or customer services/hospitality
- A confident influencer who can engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Flexible, willing to adapt to changing responsibilities and assignments.
- You have good written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- You speak fluent English and French
- Having strong time management skills
- Experience of dealing with catering, maintenance, cleaning suppliers
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and associated performance monitoring techniques.
- Space management and office relocation
- Experience of coordinating, and/or working within a small team of administrative staff.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements in France
- Assertive personality
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps