Are you a good fit for Arm?
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Software Engineer in Test include:
- Java and/or C++ coding experience
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in building great test frameworks, infrastructure and automated test environments
- Knowledge of common software development, continuous integration and test processes
- Experience of using CI/CD tools
- A high level of pro-activity and initiative
Desirable but not essential skills:
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application - you shall have the opportunity to develop your skills in these areas
- Python development skills
- Linux development skills
- Embedded systems development skills
- Experience of leading others
This position is situated in our Manchester office which hosts diverse teams from across Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife.
You will be expected to occasionally travel to other Arm offices, events and meet with our customers and partners.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we urge our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.