We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Joining the Open Source Software Group's Infrastructure team, you will provide automated build, test and development solutions along with support to the opensource engineering community.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
As a member of the Infrastructure team, work will be a mixture of both development and support, ranging from implementation & deployment of core systems, to maintenance tasks and tutoring on how best to use the services we provide.
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
- Providing infrastructure solutions for development teams across IoT, mobile, enterprise and networking segments
- Multi-site deployments, maintenance and performance optimisation of core systems
- Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by our customers
- Providing technical support, advice and direction to customers
- Investigation and implementation of new systems/features
- Requirements analysis and task breakdown
- Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other Arm infrastructure groups
You will be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a DevOps/Infrastructure position
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, Perl and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Experience in Unix (Linux) Systems Administration and shell scripting
- Understanding of software development methodologies, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc, and a familiarity with tools such as Jira and Confluence
On top of this, you will need to have production deployment experience in any of the following technology areas:
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, Buildbot, LAVA.
- Version control and code review systems such as Git, Gerrit, Reviewboard
- Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CFEngine, Cobbler
- Virtualization and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack, Kubernetes, RHEV, VMWare etc.
- Public cloud deployments; AWS, Azure, Google cloud
- Working on an open source project, particularly on CI/CD infrastructure
- Monitoring, Metrics and results visualization tooling
- Development board build/test farm
- Web application development with Django or similar
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Highly resourceful.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team
- Flexible and open to new challenges
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual has right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps