We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm Physical Design Group (PDG) delivers the most comprehensive and advanced physical IP solution allowing the implementation of complex SoC designs. What Arm PDG offers is the oldest and most widely used in the industry and includes logic IP, Standard Cell, Embedded Memory Compilers, Interface IP and Processor Optimization Pack (POPs). All of the Arm physical IP products are specifically optimized for each foundry and process technology from 250nm to 7-5nm semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
The Digital IPs, Reference Design and Validation (DRV) group engages in the validation of the library products offered by ARM Physical Design Group on Silicon. We design on test chips aimed to validate IP products (logic libraries, memories, IOs, Analog blocks, System IPs) for cutting-edge semiconductor processes (viz. >90nm, 90nm, 65nm, 40nm, 32nm, 28nm ,14nm and 7nm) for various leading foundries and IDMs around the world. We then characterize and test the silicon dies built by the foundries. These IPs are used by SOC companies & integrated in their design. It is imperative to validate them, to confirm their functionality to customers.
You will work as part of the PDG DRV Design Team being responsible of Chip-Board-Package Codesign development to support the next generation of high-quality and high-efficiency Test Chip system enabling various application field including Compute Vision, Autonomous driving, Hardware security, etc.
To be a successful contributor inside your Team you are persistent, pragmatic, globally aware, ethically strong, believe in making profit and be prepared to work hard to get the job done time after time. Delivery of results is a meaningful measurement of success in this role.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will select the package based on the thermal, mechanical and electrical requirement
- You will do I/O Planning
- You route and model Package as well as substrate
- You will participate at execution of top-level backend steps and sign off checks
- You will run Signal Integrity, Power Integrity simulation
- You will follow the package manufacturing with different OSAT
- You will propose to the technical lead area of improvement that you will have identified
Education & Qualifications
- Engineering Master’s Degree(s) in Electronic, Microelectronic
Essential skills and Experience
- You are familiar with Cadence SiP or Mentor Xpedition, Cadence Encounter as well as ANSYS SIwave
- You have a good understanding of assembly and substrate manufacturing
- You have experience in physical automatic implementation floorplan, power plan, P&R), UPF power intent, clock tree synthesis, static timing analysis (STA), timing optimization (ECO), voltage drop and electro-migration analysis, physical verification (e.g. DRC), LVS.
- You have experience of working with remote and international teams
- You are fluent in English
Desirable Skills and Experience
Past experience, working on several package technologies, such as :
- Stacked dies
- Embedded passives
- Past experience on TSV (Through Silicon Vias) would be a plus
- You have a general understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and application to IP development (Design rules, Design for Manufacturing, Spice modeling ….)
It is important for you to be:
- Committed and highly driven to achieve objectives - Able to handle tasks through to completion
- Excellent social skills and reciprocal work style
- Job requires extensive collaboration with Customers and internal organization (Engineering, Operations, Management)
- Reliable and open-minded with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written - Ability to express ideas effectively and produce well-constructed arguments
- Able to understand commercial realities and implications for projects and company
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps