We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A world leader in microchip design, ARM’s success is based on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing. The effective drafting and negotiation of our technology licensing agreements and commercial contracts are critical activities and provide wide-ranging and challenging work for our legal team. We currently have a vacancy in ARM’s legal team, for a qualified lawyer to join the team in ARM’s Bangalore office.
Working closely in connection with ARM’s global legal team, the candidate will be required to handle a high volume of varied non-contentious work including reviewing, negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, evaluation agreements, technology license agreements, contractor agreements and other similar agreements. The job will involve supporting other members of the global legal team and interaction with commercial personnel internally at ARM.
The candidate must be certified to practice law in India (.i.e. must have cleared “All India Bar Exam”) with a minimum of two years post-qualification experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- experience of drafting non-disclosure agreements, evaluation agreements, technology license agreements, contractor agreements and other standard and non-standard agreements;
- experience of work in-house in the semiconductor industry or similar high-tech business, or for private practice with a focus on technology clients;
- experience of working in a fast paced office environment;
- strong organisational skills, ability to work logically and methodically, spot issues and escalate appropriately;
- sound communication skills and commercial awareness;
- the ability to collaborate extensively with other lawyers and business stakeholders within Arm; a common sense, practical approach and a willingness to work both in a team and on own initiative;
- the ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and understand business processes;
- a pro-active approach and be willing to drive issues through to conclusion;
- the ability to be reliable and able to work well under pressure;
- high attention to details;
- willingness to be flexible; and
- good skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other databases.
- experience of intellectual property licensing;
- experience working across cultures and time zones.
- Experience of managing high volumes of contracts efficiently and setting up and working with playbooks and contract knowledge management will be an advantage, as will experience derived from legal process outsourcing environments;The candidate must be fluent in English.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps