We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a hardworking Senior Imaging Algorithm Engineer to join Arm as part of the Imaging Team within Central Engineering – Media & Image. This team is responsible for all the existing/new algorithms we use in our media products and their evaluation in terms of image quality. Would you be interested in being one of the key contributors in a team that reshapes the technology? Do you want to see the algorithm you have invented is being used by millions of people? We may be looking just for you.
From this role, you can expect the following:
- You will be part of a small and a hardworking team, giving you the opportunity to develop and make a meaningful contribution
- You will be developing and optimizing image processing algorithms to meet the project and customer requirements
- You will be assessing the quality of the algorithms using advanced methodologies
- You are expected to be staying up to date with the state-of-the-art image processing techniques
- You will be applying your knowledge in new algorithms development to build outstanding products
- You are expected to be presenting the algorithms you have developed in a clear way to wider media team and build your own presence
We need you to have the following skills:
- Broad knowledge of image processing fundamentals and good mathematical thinking skills
- Excellent programming skills in at least one object oriented language (preferably C++) and experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Matlab)
- Hands on experience with software debugging
- Experience with a version control software (e.g. Git)
- Understanding of colour image representation and colour spaces
- Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- A creative and structured approach to problem solving
- A strong will and eagerness for learning and self-improvement
- Excellent attention to details
- A real passion for display technologies
- Experience with image quality assessment methodologies
- Understanding of floating-point vs fixed-point representation
- Understanding of agile development environment
- Understanding of hardware development constraints
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps