We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to help Arm and its partners to build outstanding products?
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most appealing parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design center has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family. These CPUs power some of the world’s best-selling smartphones, tablets and gaming systems, using technology that has taken user experience and performance to another level.
Now, you have an opportunity to work on the next generation of processors that will appear in the most desirable products over the next 3 years. The Local design team is a good combination of very expert engineers and some of the most enthusiastic and hardworking graduates, coming from the best engineering schools. Collectively, the team is highly creative, collaborative, delivery orientated and committed.
Meeting Area, Frequency and Power requirements are one of the most meaningful activities in CPU development. You will work closely with micro-architecture designers and standards cells/Macro designers to improve metrics as well as the overall quality of designs targeting 7nm and below technology nodes. Using a broad array of skills, you will take part in a complete implementation flow development from synthesis to GDS2, including static timing analysis, IR drop analysis and equivalence checking.
As part of the CPU development team, you will be accountable for:
- Produce Power/Performance/Area figures and help to improve CPU microarchitecture.
- Identify critical paths and timing bottlenecks across IP development, enabling correct trade-off between the various performance metrics of the designs (frequency, IPC, power, area).
- Propose and/or productize CPU microarchitecture improvement
- Propose and implement improvement to existing methodology, automation and analytics.
- Drive cross-team/site activities to ensure common methodology benefit all teams.
- Benchmark existing CPU to get the best possible QOR.
- Collaborate with and drive various EDA vendors to maintain and extend the class-leading quality of results from our CPUs.
- Support our customers so that they achieve the best out of our CPU designs.
Education & Qualifications
- Preferably graduate from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in ASIC implementation and related subjects.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of ASIC implementation flow: logical/physical synthesis, floor planning and power planning, P&R techniques and clock distribution
- Knowledge of advanced process nodes (7nm and below) and advanced timing analysis concept (AOCV, SOCV, noise, Crosstalk)
- Knowledge of CPU micro-architecture concepts (cache, MMU, pipeline…)
- Understanding of Power versus Performance versus Area trade-off in typical CMOS design
- Ability to exchange with different teams/culture
- Eagerness to drive and push standard methodologies
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
Desirable Skills & Experience in one or more of the following topic:
- Working knowledge of Cadence tool chain or Synopsys tool chain for ASIC development
- Knowledge of DFT technique
- Understanding and working experience in static and dynamic IR-drop analysis
- Experience of power grid design and analysis
- Knowledge of power domain management through UPF (2.0 and onwards
- Prior experience in Arm based CPUs and systems
- Experience of developing scripts (Python, Perl …) for automation purpose
- SOC implementation, Sign-off and test experience can be an advantage
- Working in UNIX/Linux environment, with bug tracking and source code control systems, especially GIT
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps