We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate story-teller. A person who combines an astute business mind with a knowledge and thirst to know more about how technology is shaping the connected world. You will need to engage with our C-suite audience, win their confidence and help shape individual’s personal narratives. You must also be a real team-player and confident networker able to build up a bank of ideas from talking to our many world class experts. Whether that is our R&D team looking at shrinking microprocessor technologies; our internet of things team looking at how to provide secure services capable of managing billions of connected devices; or our 5G experts thinking about network transformation.
You should not be constrained by the story-telling form. You may be producing an onstage presentation to 1,000 engineers, or a speech to an audience who only want to know what technology can do for them and not how it works. You may be working with the CEO to write a monthly blog on industry trends or working with our creative team on a film script. We need someone who is as passionate about the future of technology as we are. Someone who enjoys an intellectual or philosophical discussion but who has narrative ability to sift the soil to find the gold and apply laser focus to get the job done ahead to time, and at the highest quality. Arm is an architect of technologies and markets. We want an architect of our executive story.
What will I be accountable for?
- Become the voice of the C-suite with a focus on our CEO and key business leaders
- Help to identify key new audiences and opportunities that map to our business priorities and provide return on investment for our executives’ time
- Work with the content marketing, PR, creative, campaign and digital marketing teams to produce narratives that work on multiple story-telling levels and captivate our audiences
- Plan a premier speaking program to raise our profile and reputation in the key markets and sectors in which we operate, or wish to operate
- Research audiences, event agenda, and topics; map the appropriate messages and Arm executive speakers to the opportunities; ensure end- to-end smooth delivery
- Develop powerful and visually-compelling C-suite keynote presentations, articles and other vehicles that tell our business story
- Debrief executive and business leads following each presentation to achieve continuous improvement
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism or other applicable discipline required
- 10+ years validated marketing or marketing communications experience, including 3+ years working directly with senior executive external ambassadors
- Very strong technical and thought leadership story-telling skills and the ability to commission a topflight creative team
- High creative acumen and expertise with presenting information in an accurate yet unique and compelling manner with an executive “voice”.
- Sufficient technical background with the semiconductor and electronics industries to be able to incorporate technical messages from a range of product groups fluently
- Sufficient market background with electronics, mobile devices, etc., to clearly understand the market dynamics of Arm
- Able to learn new and sometimes complex material and identify key takeaway points
- Highly collaborative to brainstorm ideas with many stakeholders yet also highly focused to accept the best input to meet the objectives at hand
- The ability to lead and advance many projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to the unexpected will be helpful
- Excellent interpersonal verbal, presentation and written communication adaptive to a broad range of audiences
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps