We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for an intern in our Infrastructure Software Ecosystem team. This opportunity is part-time and will be based in our Austin, TX office for Fall 2019.
You should have a good understanding of CPU and computer system architecture, in addition to being able to creatively combine technical prowess with analytical/business thinking to help define Arm’s software ecosystem strategy.
Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to make contributions in a wide number of areas and learn a lot very quickly.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be working on understanding Linux application source code and executable form to understand its level of optimization. This activity will include the following end goals:
Because this internship is part-time, we're only able to consider candidates residing locally in the Austin area.
- Plan and develop code to analyze native applications on Linux to identify their level or optimization.
- Scale the code to analysis thousands of applications on multiple architectures.
- Plan and execute a large scale optimization survey of one or more Linux distributions using your tools.
- Create compelling presentations on the results and conclusions of your work to inform ecosystem investment at Arm.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a MS in the field of Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering with 3.5+ GPA.
- Strong background in computer architecture and software optimization techniques.
- A shown ability to think creatively, analyze critically, and communicate effectively with people form different disciplines in a global team environment.
- Comfortable with Linux and proficient in Python (or similar language) and C.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve optimal solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Partnership / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your tasks to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps