We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a dynamic ecosystem with over 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and with more than 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
The Open Source Software (OSS) team is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system around Arm's next generation of applications processors. This frequently means working with processors and other hardware technology not yet available to the public. We work on a range of development platforms, software-models, FPGAs and early silicon, sometimes many months before the processors are used in real products.
You will join a wonderful team of Software Engineers who all share a passion for wanting to stamp their mark on the future of computing, wherever it may lead. You will be playing an essential role in making Arm a successful server platform as well as help maintain its leadership in the embedded market. If you are similarly passionate about leading edge technologies, then we want to hear from you.
- Do you have a strong background in microprocessor architectures and open source software?
- Are you a dynamic problem solver, capable of investigating and resolving complex customer issues?
- Are you passionate about new technology and want to help drive the global adoption of groundbreaking Arm IP?
- Can you demonstrate technical leadership and an aptitude for sharing knowledge with others?
About the role
As a Senior Networking Software Engineer in OSS – Networking team, you will be working on all aspects of the software life cycle, including:
- Design, develop, test, deliver and maintain production quality data plane networking software.
- Collaborate with internal/external key partners across the globe to understand requirements and build key parts of the networking software ecosystem.
- Optimize networking software for Arm based platforms.
- Work with open source communities to upstream and maintain code.
- Be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Master's degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other degrees with relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of networking software development and optimization experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++, assembly language and scripting languages
- Good understanding of L2/L3 network protocols, and Ethernet, TCP/IP, Switching and Routing.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Understanding of computer architecture and operating systems.
- Hands on experience in designing, implementing, and debugging data plane networking software.
- Experience in distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable skills and experience
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
- Familiar with open source project development cycles and contribution process.
- Experience in software development and optimization on ARM architecture.
- Understanding of I/O and networking and their impact on software performance.
- Familiar with concepts and standards related to SDN and NFV.
- Experience with open source networking fast packet processing projects such as DPDK, ODP, VPP, OVS etc. is highly desired.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps