We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading Mali™ Graphics products. The Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technical lead where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading GPU IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, working closely together with the engineering team, and taking part in partner and customer engagements.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop the Mali™ graphics architecture for the latest graphics APIs, providing new technologies for products in new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modelling and analysis of graphics hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system s/w).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BSEE or BSCS required. MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred.
- Minimum 10 years Computer Graphics experiences or equivalent required.
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively in a global team environment, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- A deep experience and background in Computer Graphics and GPU architecture
- You have an ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product.
- You have a strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting.
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API’s (OpenGL, OpenCL, DX, etc.).
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps