The job purpose is to help accelerate the development of Arm IP designs and subsystems by designing and validating Arm development platforms using test chips and/or FPGA technology. You will work as part of the PDG DRV Silicon Validation Team in charge of verification board bring-up, debugging, and validation testing of the Arm IP integrated on the test chips and/or FPGA. Some development work will enable advanced reliability assessments of Arm IP, where you will oversee the boot software development of SoC Demonstrator vehicle (APB, AHB…) and of the configuration of application.
We are looking for an engineer with a broad skillset to cover product enablement and validation with an emphasis on embedded software skills and the preparation of the related support materials for release and hand-off to other groups.
To be successful within PDG DRV Silicon Validation team you will be persistent, assertive, pragmatic, globally aware, ethically strong, believe in making profit and be prepared to work hard to get the job done time after time. Delivery of results is an important measurement of success in this role.
What will you be accountable for
- Define in collaboration with the SoC Test Chip lead the configuration board requirements for targeted test chip platform demonstrator vehicles
- Oversee the software environment needed for effective board-level debugging of target SOC devices, and assist in executing the debugging both pre and post-silicon
- Participate in the test plan for board-level validation
- Assist in augmenting the software environment needed to debug target devices in the board validation (and bring-up) with test chip and/or FPGA
- Support test chip bring-up and silicon validation until the final report
Education & Qualifications
- Engineering Master’s Degree(s) in Electronics, Microelectronics
Essential skills and Experience
- Strong experience in embedded software development required including involvement in various technical areas such as signal processing, real-time software, Linux kernel, Android framework (AOSP), mobile applications and system boot software
- Experience in software studies, architecture, development, validation (using debug tooling system) and customer support will be an advantage
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure work maintains a high standard of quality
- Excellent knowledge using an integrated development environment (IDE) and compilation technology, e.g. Eclipse and Keil MDK for debugging embedded components and IP
- Real time embedded software development for LTE PHY, IoT or other communication links over the air.
- Target Processors: ARM base cores and DSP
- Programming Language: C, C++, Assembly ARM code, Python
- Versioning Tools: GIT
- Debugger: LAUTERBACH, ADS (ARM Development Studio)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge in verification with System Verilog (UVM) skills.
- Familiar with the product development life cycle
- Knowledge of USB, SDCARD, Ethernet, RS232, SPI, I2C interfaces
- Excellent learning skills. Highly motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Experience working with remote and international teams
It is essential for you to be:
- Committed and highly driven to achieve objectives - Able to manage tasks through to completion
- Self-sufficient - Able to define priorities and schedule own work as well as that of others
- Excellent social skills and collaborative work style – Job requires extensive collaboration with Customers and internal organization (Engineering, Operations, Management)
- Reliable and open-minded with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written - Ability to express ideas effectively and produce well constructed arguments
- Willingness and ability to support process improvement initiatives
- Able to understand commercial realities and implications for projects and company
Why work for Arm?
As well as a friendly and high performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension, meal vouchers and reduction in working hours (11 days).
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.