We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the Facility Manager, you will help craft the future of our growing company by leading the facilities team and reporting to the Regional Property Manager (RPM) in the Workplace Experience Team. Workplace Experience is a professional team that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality, comfort, safety and efficiency of the built environment at Arm.
Workplace Experience integrates people, place and process with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of the core business, that’s exactly what we are driven to deliver for our colleagues here at Arm.
You will do this through the service delivery in a few areas; office management, building maintenance, cleaning and catering, reception services, mail and shipping, parking and travel to work, furniture fixtures and equipment, move and space management and much more. Does this sound like a team you would be excited to lead?
- Daily facilities operations in Austin managing the delivery of facilities services to the satisfaction of key stakeholders and Regional Property Manager
- Supervise the direct and contracted facilities staff
- Responsible for space planning, organizing and executing employee moves within the facility.
- Work with Lines of Business and People Team to ensure new starters have a functioning workspace that allows them to be productive members of their team
- Lead vendors and ensure their accountability and execution to contract specifications
- You will coordination with business leaders to execute localized facilities projects and/or programs by planning, coordinating and directing these activities (i.e. office buildouts, refurbishment, large group moves)
- Oversight and support of shipping and receptionist activities
- Ensure your lease spaces and Arm compliance with ADA, EHS, and any local, state or federal regulation.
- Lead the Austin site compliance documents with assistance of reception and facilities technician.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure compliance with Arm internal audit requirements.
- Lead Ergonomic Program and Implementation
- Dedicated oversight of onsite security and vendor management.
- Ensure PO process and invoicing of facilities functions follow Arm purchasing guidelines
- Assist RPM with the preparation of the budget within areas of responsibility
- Respond to property emergencies as needed during business hours and after hours
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a people manager in Facilities Management, Property Management or Workplace Services
- Experience leading all aspects of facilities– Budgeting, space planning, EH&S, building maintenance, custodial and security functions
- Strong vendor and contract management skills
- Shown communications skills both verbal and written
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft’s suite of programs
- Working experience with common industry work ticket and tracking tools
- Multitasker to maintain service delivery levels for all facilities management and operations
- Knowledge of SAP recommended
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps