We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role:
Are you looking for an exciting new chance to build on your experience working on business-led change initiatives? The Arm business model is evolving and frictionless digital customer experiences are increasingly important to our strategy. To enable this we need to transform and simplify our enterprise information architecture.
You will be part of Arm's Enterprise Architecture practice and, as the exclusive Enterprise Information Architect, you will work across Arm to support realisation of these strategic outcomes. You will also be responsible for evolving and improving the information architecture discipline and driving the adoption of its models and other artefacts.
What will you work on?
You will have the opportunity to engage a wide spectrum of business colleagues and senior leaders to gain an understanding of ongoing business challenges. Helping teams to review in-flight initiatives, understanding roadmaps for all business areas and bringing this all together into actionable proposals and roadmaps are all key outcomes for this role.
Working with the Head of Enterprise Architecture your expertise will play a leading role in the development of Arm IT's strategic target data model, and its propagation and adoption. The role with also be a key integration with our Data Management team as well as providing representation on governance boards.
- Lead the identification and analysis of business outcomes to build and establish strategic conceptual and logical data models
- Work with wider architecture group to develop and steward the information architecture roadmap
- Develop information architecture design principles to support the treatment and stewardship of information across Arm
- Identify key data artefacts that are required to support strategic decision-making activities
- Collaborate to develop standards and frameworks that will help accelerate progress towards the strategic target and minimise duplication
- Be a leading member of the Arm architecture community
- Coach, encourage and mentor project based Solution Architects to develop their skills and help ensure compliance with architectural standards
Essential Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in at least two business disciplines (such as business or IT strategic planning; business, information or technical architecture; IT management; application development; information analysis).
- Demonstrable record in complex information and data change projects, data and analytics, business intelligence, data science.
- Experience with or in an outsourced technology environment and the ability to deliver though others
- Deep understanding and experience of database technologies and marketplace
- Proven project and governance leadership
- Excellent knowledge of cloud platforms and services
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Influential in the organisation and a great teammate
- Highly supportive of the business and its ideals and strategies
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies
- A good grasp of good solutions architecture, security practices and technologies
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices, and passionate about results
- A creative mindset to build consensus even in the face of opposition to architectural ideals
- You embrace new ideas and approaches with enthusiasm and view
- You have superb interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams, as well as communicate high level concepts to leaders whilst also being able to delve into detail as required
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, although other degrees and relevant experience are also desirable
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps