We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a hardworking Platform / DevOps Engineer to help build and support our next generation Internet of Things (IoT) platform. At the core of our IoT platform is our modern Operating System, Mbed OS, which is open-source and already used by a large and fast-growing developer and partner community. Together with our commercial Pelion IoT platform, which combines device, data and connectivity management, we intend to provide a complete IoT platform and disrupt the manner in which embedded devices are built and deployed.
You will drive this disruptive change in the exciting IoT sector by helping us to evolve and support the infrastructure required for our Mbed OS ecosystem and the Pelion IoT platform. You will build the tools and services used by hundreds of thousands of users today, while also crafting the next generation Greenfield systems that will be capable of operating at considerable scale to support our continued growth.
You will achieve this by working with other hardworking engineers as part of a larger cross-disciplinary group, which consists of Web, User Experience and Embedded engineers. You will play an important role at the heart of this group by making sure our services are scalable, reliable and observable. You will have the opportunity to rotate into other teams to gain exposure to other products and technologies. We also have regular innovation days between sprints to encourage you to develop new approaches and learn new technologies.
You will also be driving operational and business insight for Mbed services, ensuring operational services are measured against service level indicators and making sure data pipelines are in place to support key business metrics.
- You will be developing and supporting a highly available and observable cloud platform
- You will act as a system design consultant to other teams, ensuring services are built with scalability, reliability and observability in mind
- You will automate all aspects of integration, deployment, delivery and configuration to reduce manual effort
- You will ensure services are healthy through monitoring availability, latency and system health
- You will enable insight into live services to support the reporting and monitoring of service level objectives and business performance indicators
- You have strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline (e.g. Physics or Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating systems
- Experience with a high-level language (e.g. Python, Go or Ruby)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef and Cloud Formation)
- Experience crafting and maintaining distributed systems and solving operational issues.
- Working understanding of basic Internet infrastructure and protocols (e.g. DNS, TCP/IP, TLS and HTTP)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins) and practices
- Experience of deploying and supporting Web-based applications on cloud platforms
- Experience working with Terraform, AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with the Elastic stack, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines for analytics purposes
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps