We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Physical Implementation Engineer in Arm's systems group we like to think we are not just crafting complex SoCs, but we are defining future chip design techniques. Not only do we improve the power, performance and system integration of our IP products, but we also craft the design flows, influence Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and build the knowledge base that makes high performance chip design possible.
As an engineer in our team you will handle leading small geometry, high performance silicon process. You will perhaps already have a detailed understanding of world leading synthesis, place and route and physical signoff tools. With Arm you will also define new solutions that improve efficiency and reduce costs as well as extending your talents as a chip designer and beyond.
Perhaps developing your own specialist role is appealing? As well as being proficient in chip layout skills, you could choose to develop sought after and valuable SoC knowledge:
- Large scale statistical and hierarchical timing signoff
- Power and Rail analysis, both static and dynamic, with thermal and package constraints
- Design for Test and advanced post silicon debug
- Tool based timing constraint derivation and verification
- Coding Verilog for high performance
- Design flow automation and data visualisation
- Transitioning to cloud compute resources
- Emerging 2.5d and 3d silicon fabrication techniques
Your responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Delivering to a high standard
- Planning and appreciating quality and self driven
- Competence in programming, analytics and problem solving
- A high level of proactivity and initiative
Your relevant design skills and experience:
- A degree level qualification in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant subject
- An understanding of digital electronics with Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Scripting languages linked to practical use of EDA tools
- Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
Would you like to work in Cambridge? Be a part the city's dynamism, enjoy historic culture and be associated with its technical and academic reputation.
People who work for Arm love the things that make it special. Our real passion for progress is what drives us and you will be encouraged to take time to innovate. Some flexible working is possible and we succeed as a team of highly collaborative forward-thinking individuals.
Diversity is our strength. Your team will match you with people from all over the world, engaging with both internal and external designers, experiencing a wide range of cultures.
If this sounds like the right role for you we would like to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Opening date: 10 July 2019
Closing date: 6 August 2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps