We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Graduate Systems Architecture Engineer
As a Graduate Engineer in the Systems Architecture and Technology Group, you will join a team of motivated architects and engineers who share a passion for technology development, guided by quantitative investigation and expert understanding of the markets we serve. You will play an essential role helping ARM maintain its leadership in the low-power mobile market, as well as developing next-generation technologies for the server and networking markets. If you want to be a member of a customer facing team driving innovation and having an impact on the future of technology we want to hear from you!
The Systems Architecture and Technology Group in Cambridge (UK) is responsible for exploring and understanding new technologies in order to meet the needs of future systems. This often involves working with hardware/software prototypes and models not yet available to the general public. Work is carried out on a range of development platforms, software models, simulators, and production code – typically 3-5 years before these systems are released as commercial products by ARM partners.
What will I be accountable for?
We are looking for an outstanding Graduate candidate who is passionate about the latest computing technology. As a member of a small and agile team you will work alongside system architects and technology experts from across ARM to understand and shape next-generation systems, including the definition of future ARM products. In particular, you will develop prototypes and models to evaluate system performance in real world use cases.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need as a Graduate Systems Architecture Engineer?
As a successful Graduate Engineer you will be flexible with a variety of software or hardware development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge. You will have a good university degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, although candidates with other academic backgrounds would also be considered if they have the relevant skills. You will have a strong interest in computer architecture and the interaction between software and hardware in a real system. You will posses a research mindset that seeks to find and communicate the best answers to complex technical problems based on systematic investigation.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong C programming skills
- Good grounding in computer architecture
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active and self motivated
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
Desirable skills and experience:
- Personal project work and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience/project work related to the interface between software and hardware (e.g., device drivers, operating systems, compilers)
- Independent research experience
- A strong interest in mobile devices (such as smartphones) or networking equipment
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
ARM® technology is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. Engineering work at ARM designs scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
With offices around the world, ARM offers jobs to a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, ARM encourages people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
Start date for this role is September 2019. However, in some cases we can accept an earlier start date.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps