We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a recognised and ambitious Senior Scrum Master or Agile Programme Manager ready for a new challenge?
We are looking for a SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) to work alongside the Head of Shared Platforms (think CRM, SharePoint, SAP/ SAP Hanna, Mulesoft, ServiceNow and other cross-cutting services and initiatives), to provide Agile leadership, mentorship, and support for our 'Shared Platforms' Agile Release Train (ART).
We are based in Cambridge, UK and this is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team.
To be successful in this role, we would look to you to:
- Work closely with Platform Owners, be an inspiring Agile servant leader at the programme level and build collaboration within and across the ARTs
- Lead ART-level risks and impediments
- Facilitate ART-level sessions, such as the scrum of scrums
- Facilitate and guide the ART through the Arm quarterly Program Increment (PI) Planning event
- Actively line-manage and develop the Scrum Masters in the ART
- Ensure that the ART-level processes and ceremonies are working effectively
- Lead programme execution, reporting and tracking and help to drive programme-level continuous improvement
- Support the Agile Centre of Excellence in aligning SAFe to fit the organisation
- Coach Lean-Agile practices within your ART, and across Arm as required
- Collaborate on the quarterly budget for your ART
- Ensure efficient resource planning and management at ART level
- Work with senior partners to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Build a safe, high-trust environment where conflicts can be raised and resolved effectively
- Have enthusiasm to drive increased transparency across teams
- Develop good relationships across the organization, and help your team connect to the right people
- Inspire change and continuous improvement across your ART
We would like you to have...
- A deep understanding of Agile techniques and practices within an IT software development environment
- Experience as Scrum Master, Agile PM or Programme Manager for a minimum of three years in increasingly senior positions
- A servant-leader mentality and a growth mindset with a commitment to learn and improve
- Working knowledge of the SAFe framework
- An interest in Agile metrics and reporting
- Experience of using Jira and Confluence and other tracking software
- Excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- A dedicated, creative, flexible and positive attitude with an open mindset
It would be useful if you have...
- Certified Scrum Master qualification /Certified SAFe Agilist qualification/ Certified SAFe Practitioner qualification
- Previous experience working within an RTE role or similar (e.g. IT Agile Programme Management or Senior Scrum Master)
- Experience of coaching and supporting multiple agile teams
- An involvement in Agile communities
- Knowledge of a variety of Agile methodologies and scaling frameworks
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps