We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is a leading global technology company. The business is experiencing rapid growth as it executes an investment strategy to build the connected world. Arm generated revenues of $1.8bn in the year to March 2018 and has around 7,500 staff operating across the globe.
You desire a phenomenal opportunity to join Arm and the ISG Connectivity team, crafting the approach with MNO partners, driving positive engagement whilst delivering results with notable value to the business.
Main purpose of the role.
You will establish positive relationships with Arm’s Mobile Network Partners, to assist in acquiring new MNO Partners, to collaborate with ARM Sales team requirements and to implement efficient practices in MNO contract management. You will design regular commercial review and pricing exceptions (special bid) management using Arm’s systems down to the customer invoice.
You know the mobile industry and mobile operators. You enjoy making deals and seeing them through. You are attracted to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
You love technology and how it changes the world. You want to be part of an exciting group of people that are enabling change. You have a strong commercial streak and enjoy linking up needs and capabilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day tactical engagement on MNO relationships with relevant peers in the MNOs
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of current price levels for connectivity globally.
- Rounded knowledge of typical MNO supply arrangements globally
- Analysis and reporting on profitability of supply arrangements
- Ensuring supply arrangement are accurately reflecting in pricing strategies and billing systems
- Managing contract governance, commitments management, control of exposure, strategic placing of traffic to maximize profitability in connectivity
- Engagement at relevant Global industry events (WAS for example)
- Measure and report on procurement progress and performance
- Work with Legal teams to generate relevant contract templates for small and large purchases, global and local sourcing
- Monitor and handle contracts performance during their life-cycle, drive improvements
- Fine-tune the all relevant processes for the category in scope
- Hold “the long view” for on and off-boarding suppliers, reflect that view in negotiations
- Ensure full visibility of global, regional, local spend, suppliers and business requirements
- Provide relationship oversight in new MNO supplier onboarding
- Implement innovative and market-responsive contracts
- Risk Management, assessments, risk mitigation (tight tracking of commitments)
- Ability to engage with Sales to mitigate commitment shortfalls strategically
What we are looking for:
- You will have a Bachelor degree as a minimum
- Strong exposure and experience of global MNOs, with an intimate understanding of mobile connectivity economics and prevailing price levels
- Good understanding of cellular technologies including LTE, Cat-M and NB_IOT, as well as an overview of eUICC
- 7-10 years of documented experience in MNO Wholesale roles or similar, with strong and validated techniques for management of MNO contracts
- Project leadership skills with track record of success in understanding and delivering complex, global commercial models
- Experience in working in complex, high and low maturity global organizations
- Strong social and communication skills
- Multiple languages an asset
- Willing to relocate to Glasgow, Scotland
- Strong negotiator but stronger relationship builder
- Ambitious and commercial thinking
- Formulating and driving concepts & strategies
- Accepting being both strategist and hands-on executer
- Building strong networks, locally-regionally-globally, across BUs and Functions
- Standout colleague, sharing the knowledge with the teams
- Persuading and influencing
- Embracing and actively driving the change
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps