We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have a passion for building excellent customer relationships, developing technical solutions and creating training material? Arm's Mobile Studio team is looking for a technical evangelist to drive the promotion, adoption and online community for their tools.
In the course of this role, you’ll learn about the Arm Mobile ecosystem and the varied technologies used by its developers. Our tools are used across a wide spectrum of applications developers: mobile, games, Android, Linux, embedded and enterprise. This role will require working across Arm, our partners and our partners' customers.
What will you be accountable for?
As our senior technical evangelist, you will be the primary public face for our tools and community. This will range from pre-sales customer engagements and tools training sessions to online content generation (in the form of developer forum postings, blogs, code samples, and webinars).
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks or engagements that you are likely to be involved in:
- Generating blog or forum posts to show the practical applications of our product features, clearly demonstrating their value.
- Writing, improving and delivering training content for our customers and for other Arm support agencies.
- Driving adoption through applying the tools to new customer problems and influencing the development of new features.
- Being the voice of the customer for our engineering teams and internal product owners.
- Planning, coordinating and delivering Arm's Mobile Studio presence at various conferences and events throughout the year.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and has experience with these engagements, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge. This position can be situated in either our Manchester or Cambridge hubs.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You will have experience in technical writing.
- You will be experienced at producing and delivering presentations.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will possess strong knowledge of C/C++ or Java.
- You should be experienced in the fundamentals of game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal.
- You should have experience of Android or Linux application development.
- You will have experience of OpenGL ES or Vulkan graphics APIs.
- You should have experience using game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine.
The following additional key skills and areas of expertise are desirable for the role, but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Experience of agile scrum process.
- Experience building public developer communities.
- Experience of optimizing graphical software for a mobile environment.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team.
- Flexible and open to new challenges.
A university degree or equivalent on the job experience and knowledge.
About the Development Solutions Group (DSG)
DSG is to help our customers craft creative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps