We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 100 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
The Internet Services Group is the fastest growing division of Arm, having the responsibility of building the core IoT related services and solutions. Our team in Glasgow is looking for a Database Administrator with a real passion for quality throughout the data lifecycle to join us as we build the services and software needed to connect billions of new devices to the internet.
We are searching for enthusiastic engineers to join our Infrastructure team where you will work closely with senior team members to scope, design and implement creative solutions across Arm’s connectivity infrastructure systems, working within the team and with the wider group to deliver new deployments for internal and external projects. You will have a validated background in programming and networking across a variety of platforms, work well under pressure and will be a self starter who is adept at working within the team to pursue solutions to larger problems.
Working in an environment where your opinion matters, you will be integral to crafting the direction of the company while working in a dynamic, agile environment with like-minded, open and adaptable colleagues. You will join a n exceptional team, providing you with excellent personal and professional development opportunities.
- You will be responsible for performance, integrity and security of databases
- Day-to-day operation of databases
- Key person to assist and guide development teams in their use of database technologies, and to help achieve efficient database solutions
- Always looking for new, inovative solutions
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid MySQL/MariaDB DBA experience; handling critical 24/7 applications with a multi-datacenter cluster
- Delivery of proven high availability solutions
- Expert in data structure design and Data Modelling
- Expert level knowledge in monitoring, performance tuning and handling MySQL from single instance to large distributed deployments
- Design and implement backup solutions and perform recovery testing
- A deep understanding of database design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Experience operating databases in Cloud such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Team oriented attitude with good communication skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Troubleshooting skills of anything related to databases
- Knowledge experience with other RDBMS technologies, NoSQL and Time series databases is a plus
- Experience working in international environment
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps