We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are seeking a forward-thinking and can-do minded Senior Software Engineer to investigate new areas of technology and work on development of prototype solutions in our Architecture and Technology Group.
In this role you will work in a team building proof of concept solutions for commercial deployment of new technologies. These solutions will be used as a vehicle to demonstrate the benefits of the new work and to facilitate dialog with industry players inside and outside Arm. These designs can then be developed in association with technology and business leaders, to help Arm turn those designs into productised solutions.
You will be based in our Cambridge site. As Arm’s largest engineering centre, the site is fortunate enough to be involved in development across all areas of Arm’s ever-growing product portfolio.
If being surrounded by world-leading hardware and software engineering industry authorities, working on ground-breaking technology excites you and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application.
Working in the ATG Systems Solutions team:
- You will help analyse new technologies or new approaches to existing solutions to understand how architecture can evolve to meet the needs of such changes.
- You will design and implement prototypes that demonstrate deployment of Arm technology.
- You will work with architects in Arm to learn from these solutions to provide feedback on the architecture and help shape its suitability to real world problems. As appropriate you may then develop the solutions further into production.
We're looking for a flexible, highly motivated person who is not afraid to think out of the box, can handle some level of ambiguity, is a self-learner, enjoys working on groundbreaking technologies and can translate big ideas into production grade systems and software.
- You understand modern application development, from cloud to devices, with emphasis on scalability, security and high availability.
- Components may exist at several different levels and so experience in a range of languages, from native to scripting, is a distinct advantage.
- You will have collaborated on systems design and translating designs into implementations?
- Have worked on teams delivering production quality software, ideally in a commercial environment.
- Can you demonstrate technical leadership and an aptitude for sharing knowledge with others?
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate strong communication at technical and project levels.
- Deploying & operating applications on public/private cloud.
- An undertanding of techniques for achieving scale, availability, UX using IaaS + OSS tools and/or cloud PaaS.
- Experience of building mobile, graphical connected apps.
- A University degree (or equivalent), ideally in Computer Science or a related discipline.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps