We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are actively seeking java developers, of various experience levels, to join our team, focussing on building the core infrastructure for our next generation eSIM/IoT product set. This is an exciting venture aimed at securely running billions of devices.
We are looking for strong teammates with a real passion in their professional skills and technical capabilities. You will have experience as a Java Developer working within an Agile development methodology.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of technologies similar to the following:
- Spring (data, boot, framework, ws)
- Web Services & Rest Services (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, etc.)
- Caching Frameworks such as Hazelcast / Cassandra
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Unit Testing with jUnit or Spock
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery practices
Some experience of asynchronous programming, a scripting language and a working knowledge of Linux would also be helpful.
You would be expected to be self-starting, creative, dynamic, flexible, a self starter, with excellent interpersonal skills and strong analytical and analytical skills.
Due to the nature of the work, it is important that you are driven to succeed in a highly technical, goal / deadline orientated product development environment. Communication skills are key, as there will be frequent interaction with other members of the development team locally and in other parts of the world.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Belfast office is comprised of software developers working in our Systems and Software group developing the provisioning and commissioning capability for our next generation embedded SIM technology. The ARM Belfast office is located in the heart of Belfast city centre a short walk from local shops and restaurants.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Suite 212, Arthur House
41 Arthur Street