We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about ensuring the quality of the compiler toolchain that is used in all the Linux distributions for Arm? Here is an opportunity to join a world class compiler toolchain team that leads the Arm architecture support for open source tools such as GCC, Binutils, glibc, Newlib and GDB. As a key member of the Arm GNU Compiler Toolchain team, you will be responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of the toolchain on a day to day basis and ensuring the quality of the internal and external releases. You will collaborate with your team and colleagues across Arm to strategize testing & benchmarking and to improve the efficiency of the quality process. As you work closely with the compiler engineers, you will have the opportunity to learn and get involved in various compiler improvements.
- Be responsible for Testing, Validation, Benchmarking of the GNU Toolchain arm/aarch64 ports.
- Investigate issues reported by internal/external users.
- Automate activities related to testing/validation/benchmarking.
- Collaborate with your team in improving the quality of the toolchain.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers in improving the build system and the infrastructure.
- Improve the efficiency of quality process and influence test strategy.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of testing and benchmarking compilers toolchains.
- Programming/scripting knowledge in C, C++, Python, bash.
- Experience in working on Linux command line environment.
- User level knowledge of compiler.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of purpose and the internal flow of compilers / toolchain.
- Knowledge of TCL, FORTRAN, dejagnu, expect, tcl.
- Knowledge/Experience in open source contribution processes.
Education & Qualifications:
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or an alternative with relevant experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Please note we may be recruiting for multiple vacancies at this location.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps