We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exciting time to be at Arm as our business continues to grow and enter new markets, with the ambition to shape the connected world. Having been acquired by SoftBank Group (SBG) in 2016, Arm is investing for long-term growth within new and rapidly expanding technology markets, both organically and through acquisition. In FY18 Arm grew revenues to more than $1.8bn and increased headcount by 20% to 6,000 people.
Are you passionate about evolving Arm's financial reporting to support the business on its ambitious growth path? Do you have a vision for best in class group reporting?
- You will lead a small team responsible for Arm’s Group external reporting deliverables.
- You will be responsible for the consolidation of Arm’s Group’s financial performance and position on a monthly basis.
- You will own, manage and reconcile all Group-level accounting entries.
- You will control the Group’s monthly close process, liaising with the various teams across Finance to deliver Group reporting on time and to a high standard.
- You will act as a point of contact for our parent company, SoftBank, regarding financial reporting matters.
- You will oversee external financial reporting deliverables globally.
- You will complete quarterly checklists and operate certain formal controls to ensure a strong control environment.
- You will produce the statutory accounts for the Group and Arm’s UK entities.
- You will partner with M&A Finance to ensure smooth integration of new companies into Arm's 'business as usual' reporting.
- You will work collaboratively with the Group Technical Accountant to embed, implement any new accounting standards/ policies (e.g. IFRS 16).
- You are analytical, think dynamically, and capable of appropriate challenge to help to build and improve the quality of the Group reporting function. You will position the team in readiness for introduction of a new consolidation tool in the near future.
- You will review Office for National Statistics forms prior to submission.
- You are an ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience
- You will bring previous practical experience in an industry role
- You will have strong knowledge of IFRS and its application
- You will hold previous experience of group consolidation and related reporting
- You have strong communication skills, will be able to work effectively and build relationships with a range of teams within finance
- You are able to track and follow-up with multiple teams, ensure timely deliverables, resolve issues and address key decisions
- You can work well to meet deadlines and can prioritise effectively, particularly during critical project and reporting target dates
- You may be required to travel occasionally (domestic and international)
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps