We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you excited to work on upcoming display technologies such as VR/AR devices and HDR televisions?
Are you passionate about hardware verification and do you want to explore the state-of-the-art of Display and Imaging technologies?
This position is a demanding, technical role, employing the latest hardware design and verification techniques to develop premier hardware IP for low power display processing. You will be taking ownership of complex hardware verification environments and you will collaborate with the design and modelling teams.
About the Display Team
The Display Group produces Display Processors hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. The Mali™ range of Display hardware offers an advanced, compositing display processor tuned for high performance and energy efficiency. Our Display hardware is supported by high-performance software drivers for multiple APIs running on multiple different operating systems (e.g. Linux and Android).
What will I be accountable for?
- Reviewing and assessing the proposed design changes.
- Architecting verification IP and full verification environments.
- Investigating and scripting new verification flows and optimising existing ones.
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group.
- Full ownership of verification closure.
- There will be opportunities for leading particular working groups and mentoring other members of the team.
Required skills and experience
- You can demonstrate experience in working with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably complex verification environment.
- You have experience of using SystemVerilog and UVM to develop verification components.
- You hold experience in developing re-usable and scalable code.
- You are familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification process.
- You are competent in developing verification flows, making the best use of EDA tools.
- You possess scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – developing scripting to support new flows.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- A dedicated and focused approach to problem analysis and solving.
- You are able to plan and estimate your own work.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience.
- Experience with formal verification with exposure of FPGA and/or emulation flows.
- Past experience in media, video, ISP, or display projects is a plus
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.#LI-SH1
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps