We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exciting time to be at Arm as the business continues to grow and enter new markets, with the ambition to shape the connected world. Having been acquired by SoftBank Group (SBG) in 2016, Arm is investing for long-term growth within new and rapidly expanding technology markets, both organically and through acquisition. In FY17 Arm grew revenues to $1.8bn and increased headcount by 20% to 6,000 people.
In this role you will work collaboratively across the Arm group to ensure compliance with IFRS and all other financial accounting matters.
Are you someone with technical, problem-solving abilities who enjoys working with cross-functional teams to drive improvement?
Are you capable of turning issues identified into clearly defined recommendations, and then translating them into real, implemented results?
What are your responsibilities?
- You will hold responsibility for group accounting policies and accounting conclusions being practically implemented into the business through a comprehensive process of enquiry, corroboration, analysis, recommendation, design and implementation
- You will provide support to the Senior Technical Accountant in researching technical accounting issues and documenting conclusions in technical papers
- This role will give you experience in accounting for mergers and acquisitions, investments and other technical accounting topics.
- You will need to build links and work in coordination with a global structure of regional finance teams
- You will maintain and update internal accounting policies to acheive compliance against policy, accounting standards and shareholder requirements
- You will help to provide support and training on accounting policies including development of training materials to finance and non-finance colleagues
- You will coordinate and plan the external audit process for Statutory reporting and Group reporting and oversee the audit deliverables list
- You will track progress of International Audits and Statutory Account filings to monitor financial compliance across the business
- You will also have opportunities to assist on other business projects as required, for example identifying and interpreting the impact of new accounting standards, and implementing them across the organisation for a range of colleagues and teams
Qualifications & Experience
- You will be ACA, ACCA qualified in audit practice with at least one year of post-qualification experience
- Preference for experience with IFRS listed businesses and SEC companies
- You are highly technically competent with in-depth knowledge of IFRS and an ability to research and interpret accounting standards
- You have great communication skills to build a network of contacts across the organization and be able to articulate and present complex technical matters to non-finance team members.
- You can effectively track and follow up with multiple individuals to ensure timely deliverables, resolve issues and address key decisions.
- You are dynamic, confident, have a friendly manner and you are able to challenge appropriately
- You have natural curiosity that will allow you to deeply understand processes and identify issues. You are capable of translating issues found into opportunities and practically implementing changes and improvements
- You will have previous experience that will include working to deadlines and have the flexibility to prioritise work
Senior Manager - Group Technical Accountant
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps