We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exciting time to be at Arm as our business continues to grow and enter new markets, with the ambition to craft the connected world. Having been acquired by SoftBank Group (SBG) in 2016, Arm is investing for long-term growth within new and fast-growing technology markets, both organically and through acquisition. In FY17 Arm grew revenues to $1.8bn and increased headcount by 20% to 6,000 people.
This role is for an experienced and change oriented individual to lead the accounts payable function in the UK. Reporting to the AP Global Controller, this is a meaningful role in the team with responsibility for overseeing the end to end AP process.
- You will take ownership of the UK multicurrency AP ledger and maintain the UK operating AP manual
- Overall responsibility for managing payment runs ensuring suppliers and employee expenses are paid in accordance with ARMs payment terms
- You will operate as a key driver to build finance’s effectiveness and influence in the business
- Take ownership in ensuring that the AP teams are addressing and resolving any queries arising on supplier invoices, both internally within the organisation and with external suppliers as required.
- You will collaborate with colleagues in Procurement and with other business partners within the business.
- Work on ad-hoc improvement projects and implementing processes within accounts payable, for both vendor invoicing and employee expense processing.
- You will provide strong and authentic leadership as a critical member of the Global AP team and to provide mentorship and inspire colleagues within the team.
- You will make sure all processes are documented and reviewed periodically to drive compliance and lead on any process improvements.
- You will ensure the company accounting policies are adhered to at all time.
- You will contribute on the implementation of new systems.
- You will actively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment
- You will verify compliance with the Arm internal control framework and external audit requirements
- You will assure swift remediation of issues raised by external and internal audit
- You will support the design and implementation of a refreshed control environment aimed at SOX compliance
- Demonstrable success in leading accounts payable teams within a high profile dynamic business.
- Knowledge of and track record of implementing best-practice financial policies, controls, and processes is key to being successful in this role.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings, articulate concepts and drive actions
- Ability to track and follow-up with multiple business partners, ensure timely deliverables, and resolve issues and address key decisions
- Posses excellent interpersonal skills to be able to influence and deliver across all levels of the organisation.
- You will have strong leadership skills, able to encourage, coach and mentor the UK accounts payable team
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and getting results within a complex matrix organization
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasionally maintain extended hours during critical project times
- SAP experience is essential
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps