We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Machine Learning Research Team identifies and investigates emerging ML technologies and applications and evaluates how to creatively deploy them wherever computing happens; from always-on sensors, to mobile phones, and to the cloud. You will be given the opportunity to work within the rapidly-growing ML field and to deliver the underlying technology to deploy creative applications on Arm IP – the center of the world’s most ubiquitous compute platforms.
ML research adds extra dimensions to the already challenging problems of tomorrow – providing top model accuracy while optimizing for energy consumption on embedded devices, maintaining QoS across a wide variety of mobile hardware, and scaling ML to billions of connected devices in the Internet of Things. The ML research team collaborates with product teams to deliver industry leading hardware and software solutions to Arm’s partners. The team also works closely with leading ML university research to track and collaborate on emerging technology.
We are looking to add extraordinary researchers to Arm’s Machine Learning research team. You will have the opportunity to influence real products through ground breaking research. You will also be afforded the freedom to develop new skills, collaborate with academic partners, and publish research results.
What will I be accountable for?
- Identifying and investigating key machine learning technologies and algorithms, and assessing how they’ll impact our products and partners
- Collaborating with our product teams to develop new IP – architecture, hardware, and software
- Reporting and presenting research findings and experimental results to key partners
- Publishing the results of your research to contribute to the overall ML ecosystem
- Developing and optimizing ML algorithms for energy-constrained devices
- Advancing the state of the art in application areas: natural language processing, computer vision, sensor fusion, object tracking, and motion planning
- Prototyping hardware and software solutions
If you have an established track record in these areas and have exceptional skills to develop creative research agendas and execute projects successfully, you could be an extraordinary fit to join our team.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience developing foundational Machine Learning technology, including algorithms, models, training, optimization
- Published at premier ML conferences, such as, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, ISCA, IEEE, Hot Chips
- Deep understanding of machine learning/deep learning
- Understanding of CPU, GPU, and NN accelerator micro-architecture preferred
- Strong programming skills
- Scientific, data-driven, objective mindset
Desired behaviors for this role:
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
Passion for Progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with itMake feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps