We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Software Operations Engineer to join a fast-growing DevOps team in charge of RTL verification workflow. This role has several aspects of including marketing to partner training and support. It requires strong communication as well as technical skills to become the showcase of the flow across the company.
About the team
You will be working in our Sophia office in a very dynamic team that develops, deploys and maintains Python flows for Engineering groups located across Europe, US and India. Given the span of the team and partners locations, you will have the opportunity to travel to other sites during your work.
About the Technology Services Group
The Technology Services Group provides workflows, applications and platforms to all engineering product groups across Arm. Our remit is to drive and co-ordinate verification methodologies and platforms that can be used across all product groups to drive improvements in deterministic delivery and quality.
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers several aspects as mention:
- As primary contact to our internal partners, you will become the showcase, so you promote the flow cross-division.
- You are in charge of creating and maintaining Documentation, UserGuide and Training Material
- You deliver Training to partners to minimise support to provide.
- You support partners in migrating their Testbenches to the flow and assist them in developing some custom code for their needs.
- You support partners as well in transitioning cross simulators, simulator version or flow version
- You have privileged accesses to EDA tools FAE to ensure efficiency and reliability of their tools
- You ensure syncups with developers to make sure Bugs are well fixed and enhancements are well planned, but you can even fix quick bugs yourself
- Ability to be client-facing and interact with partners in order to explain technical aspects
- A deep understanding of verification methodologies and flows for functional verification of complex IP
- Experience of “scaled-out” deployment of technology across a global organisation
- Experience of supporting workflow users
- Experience of collaborating with EDA vendors FAEs
- Strong scripting skills (Python mainly, UNIX shell scripting) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Experience working and communicating with remote design centres
- Good knowledge of the main simulators on the market
- At least good exposure to one of those but knows the difference of the different simulators
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team and cross sites
- Experience in working with a Bug Tracking system
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in a similar role
- Exposure to the complete software development life-cycle including the use of configuration management
- A deep understanding of databases (MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Good knowledge of Git/Gerrit
- Willingness to travel to other ARM sites globally
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps