We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking to expand our growing team with a Cloud Software Engineer.
As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will work to embrace cloud technologies and tooling into our platforms and play a key role in helping migrate existing products and solutions on to the cloud. You will be aware of relevant emerging trends and technologies, and will contribute towards planning a strategy and will work closely with domain leads and the service operations teams to actively provide implementation and operational support.
You will be working as part of a team to develop, validate, and maintain software stack to ensure our solutions are high performance and resilient, and meeting the needs of Arm's global engineering team.
Required skills and qualifications
- A university degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent life experience and knowledge.
- Experience with one or more utility cloud services
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux systems, shell scripts, and open source software
- Strong programming skills using C/C++, Python, Perl, Ruby, along with excellent problem-solving and debugging abilities
- Experience with software build and test pipelines
- Experience of developing API-based infrastructure components
- Experience of building and delivering robust highly available solutions
- Experience of deploying applications in a cloud environment
We would be more impressed if you have had experience or if you are passionate about the following:
- Experience migrating workflows from on-premise to cloud services
- Experience with NoSQL databases and use cases such as Cassandra, HBase, and DynamoDB
- Experience in data analysis and visualization frameworks
- Good knowledge of Linux containers and container management, and different virtualization technologies
- Good understanding of high throughput computing systems, cluster management, and high performance NAS solutions
- Experience with EDA tools from Cadence, Mentor or Synopsys, and exposure to relevant engineering workflows.
- Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo.
Additionally, you will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps