We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates all of Arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies. As an engineer in the Austin-based CPU Verification team, you will join a talented team responsible for verification of the next-generation Arm Cortex-A class CPU design. We are particularly interested in design verification engineers with experience in unit-level verification of RTL blocks which comprise the Load-Store and data cache units and bus interfaces.
What will I be accountable for?
- Working closely with the RTL design team to develop comprehensive block-level verification strategies for the CPU memory system, including load-store unit, data caches, and bus interfaces
- Crafting verification plans and executing on those plans to verify highly complex CPU memory system designs.
- Developing SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches for block-level functional verification of the CPU memory system
- Debugging and correcting functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation tools, debug tools, and programming skills, based on an in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design of the processor
- Defining and implementing functional coverage, and enhancing the testbench to ensure coverage closure
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of CPU verification experience
- High level understanding of CPU architecture and microarchitecture, including experience in the area of out-of-order microarchitecture and/or coherent memory systems
- Specification and creation of design testbenches using coverage driven verification methods
- Strong software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
What would give my candidacy an edge?
- CPU memory system microarchitecture experience, including high-performance caches, out-of-order execution, and result return, cache coherence, virtual memory and address translation, system bus interfaces
- CPU microarchitecture including knowledge of out-of-order execution, register renaming, reservation stations, processor pipelines, etc.
- Exceptional ability to identify key areas of the microarchitecture that could pose challenges to achieving desired functional quality.
- Very high attention to detail and a proven record of earning the trust of designers and other verification team members.
- Thorough understanding of SystemVerilog, UVM, and other programming languages to build flexible and reusable testbenches
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky, not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps