We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm Partner Training provides an online Learning Management System (LMS) to offer a more blended training approach to its Partners. This bite-sized online learning approach enables our current face-to-face classrooms to become more practical based by moving elements of the more theory based topics online. The instructional designer will work with Arm’s engineering teams to take technical subject matter expertise and convert it into easy to understand modules for a global audience.
What will I be accountable for?
The Instructional designer is accountable for the design and development of Arm bite-sized online learning content and in-line with Arm’s online course production workflow will:
- Work with the the Senior Technical Communications Manager in Content Services, Training Manager, and other Instructional Designers to agree learning topics that meet customers’ needs.
- Work with our Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design the structure of courses set learning objectives /outcomes, storyboard modules, and produce assessment activities
- Guide the Engineer SMEs in their capturing and drafting of the source materials.
- Use the Arm Online Learning PowerPoint Template, tools (such as Camtasia or Adobe Premiere), and the LMS assessment functionality to produce audio-visual learning content in-line with Arm’s Online Learning and Instructional Video Guidelines.
- Gain sign off from Engineers and reviewers for the learning content.
- Coordinate and produce voice-over narration to accompany video content.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing approved graphics team to obtain icons and photos to illustrate the training.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Skilled in instructional design and rapid eLearning authoring.
- Experience with eLearning development tools such as TechSmith Camtasia or Adobe Premiere to produce high quality and consistent micro mobile learning video content.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems desirable.
- Skilled in taking complex technical topics and breaking them down into understandable and meaningful content.
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail. Willing to work with details, time management and multiple Subject Matter Expert coordination.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple development tasks at a time.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A good team-player, but also must be able to work well independently.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is essential, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps