We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm CPU group team based in Sophia-Antipolis is pursuing continuous growth and we are looking for a Project Manager to work on the next Secure and High-End Cortex-A Cores development.
The CPU team in Sophia-Antipolis has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class (such as Cortex-A75), as well as M-class CPUs (such as Cortex-M23).
Project manager Responsibilities
The Project Manager role will report to the Portfolio Manager while working closely with the Product Manager, Technical Lead and engineering teams. The Project Manager will be able to lead engineering projects from conception to final delivery to ensure quality, on-spec, and on-time delivery of products.
You should have a consistent track record of project management across all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, tracking/monitoring, resource allocation, issue/risk management, change management, driving the teams, executing the projects against committed milestones, handling project stakeholders and dependencies and communicating to internal stakeholders and where needed, external partners.
This role requires a minimal level of travel to work across Arm and with Arm Partners.
Possibility to train the right person who can demonstrate a high level of drive.
Education & Qualifications
A university degree (or equivalent) in either Engineering or Computer Science is desired, although other degrees would be considered if there is a relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Validated ability to lead, monitor and motivate engineering teams
- Experience of driving project management in a rapidly changing development environment
- Confirmed ability in building plans from a high level to a detailed schedule
- Experience liaising with customers, partners and remote development teams
- Deep understanding of, and ability to apply the concepts of risk management
- Ability to handle stakeholders through personal leadership and clear project goals
- Ability to communicate/understand highly skilled engineering teams
- Ability to lead changes in the project scope, schedule and cost
- Project performance compilation
- Reporting skills
- Hardware engineering background
- Fluent level of English
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Formal project management qualification (e.g. PMP)
- Familiar with project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project
- Comfortable with configuration methods, versioning and documentation tools
- Understanding of a range of hardware and software development lifecycle methods (e.g., waterfall, iterative, agile)
- First class communications skills, both written and verbal in English
- Self-motivated, looking to accept new challenges
- Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail
- Active and pragmatic with regards to problem-solving
Why work for ARM?
As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, maternity and paternity extra leaves, supplementary pension, meal vouchers and reduction in working hours (11 days).
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps