We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to work with a dynamic, collaborative, highly motivated and influential team to create state of the art security technology?
You have experience in hands-on design of low-level security systems, combining on chip hardware, firmware and software. In this role you will help define, prototype and architect the next generation of security for Arm systems.
You will join the Architecture and Technology team and you will work closely with other teams in Arm, and with external partners to develop new technologies and influence Arm's future products and those of major silicon and software companies. You are comfortable working across the worlds of operating system kernels, hypervisors, firmware and secure software and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As part of the Architecture & Technology team, you will:
- Define low-level security aspects of a next-generation architecture, through hands-on design, prototype and implementation.
- Define security model, threats, attacks and mitigations.
- Specify protocols and cryptographic operations for provisioning, boot, attestation and key management.
- Work with teams across Arm, and the Arm ecosystem, to develop and promote the technology.
If the challenge and opportunity of working on state of the art technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application.
Education & Qualifications
University-educated, ideally in computer science, although other disciplines will be considered if applicants have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Computer security practice and theory for robust low-level platform security:
- Security modelling, threats, attacks and mitigations
- Practical cryptography, from ciphers to protocols
- Key management, provisioning, distribution
- Secure boot, boot attestation, remote attestation
- Code auditing and testing, fuzzing
- Modern SoC security hardware systems
- Computer architecture and low-level programming
- C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a real passion for computer security, and interest in system hardware and operating systems
- Willingness to be flexible and deliver on new challenges
- Thorough and practical attitude to problem-solving
- Trusted Execution Environments
- Side channel analysis
- Certification experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of virtualisation and associated technologies
- Experience with Open-source OS and/or hypervisor development
- Experience of embedded software development/SoCs
- Arm architecture and IP, including TrustZone
- Good appreciation of performance and efficiency issues
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps