We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about working the leading edge of computing technology? Do you want to make an impact on the future of Smartphone and Laptop computing?
We are looking for a determined infrastructure engineer with a strong sense of ownership who will reliably produce insightful data and analytics from devices running complex workloads on a variety of mobile operating systems.
About the role
You will have primary responsibility developing and improving our existing test infrastructure specifically to improve the quality and efficiency of data capture and analysis. You will deliver reliable, robust and scalable workloads, instrumentation and tooling which enables engineers across Arm to perform performance analysis experiments and regression tests.
You will often be working with the newest technology available from Arm and our partners. You will also develop for test platforms including consumer devices, evaluation boards and also software models to compare present and future performance.
What will I be accountable for?
- Reliable production of high quality performance data using multiple automation, tooling and instrumentation frameworks
- Management and integration of the groups automation capabilities
- Development of automated workloads for mobile devices such as Android smartphones and tablets
- Regular integration of new devices and platforms
- Regression testing of workloads across a range of devices and the careful management of software and application updates
What skills, experience and qualifications are useful for the role?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Proven experience in test automation, ideally using Android UiAutomation or an equivalent test framework
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Confident using version control systems, such as Git
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python and/ or Perl
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Creative, independent, ambitious and willing to learn new technology
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
About the team
We are a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that Arm maintain its leadership in the mobile computing by helping our partners build competitive devices. Using detailed competitive analysis, rigorous workload characterisation and advanced software modelling, we are successfully influencing Arm engineering teams and its partners.
The engineers within the team have a diverse range of skills and experience allowing us to expertly understand software from userspace to firmware, and device-level hardware through to the detailed microarchitecture.
The team focuses on how a user perceives the performance of a mobile device, in terms of responsiveness, smoothness, energy and thermal efficiency. We then explore how improvements in processor, memory and SoC design can maximise the end user experience.
At Arm you will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with CPU, GPU and media design teams, as well as the primary mobile OS vendors.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
We are hiring a number of software engineers at this location.
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps