We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated engineer to join an Agile software development team working on leading edge of mobile GPU technology. In this role you have the opportunity to work on the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions while helping to craft the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
As a software developer in GPU-Core-SW you will be part of a group working on Mali GPU driver for Linux and Android. Specifically we look after the bottom half of the driver including kernel and userspace components, as well as build tooling. You will take part in developing new features, investigations, bug fixing, documentation and testing.
What are some of the teams recent achievements?
- Vulkan extensions to enable direct-to-display rendering.
- EGL extensions to support virtual reality (VR), such as Google Daydream.
- 3D content recording and replaying framework to aid the development of our latest GPU's with flexible visualisation and post-processing abilities.
- Complete redesign of the GPU HW interface to hit new degrees of performance in the most up-to-date content.
- Support for upcoming version of Android with the latest Linux kernels.
- Just-in-time memory allocation for Vulkan GPU jobs.
- GPU scheduling algorithm optimizations.
- Extend the intelligent power allocator (IPA) model to use hardware runtime metrics.
What will I be accountable for?
- Writing code to implement the required task (feature, test, bugfix, etc).
- Test and analyse the functionality and performance of your code (both using models and real platforms).
- Review other people’s code.
- Investigate issues with our DDK.
- Engage with the rest of the team for investigation, estimation and planning purposes.
- To promote and demonstrate the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BSc in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
- Good knowledge of the C programming language.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Analytical mind and good problem solving abilities.
- Scripting abilities (e.g. python, bash, go, xslt)
- Familiarity with Android development
- Familiarity with Linux Kernel development
- Deep understanding of embedded system architecture
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to showcase their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and successful partnerships
- Builds strong and positive relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and supports alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Motivates rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates an effective, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve the most optimal outcomes for Arm and our customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps