We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are building a new team at Arm in the area of actionable insight and we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Developer to join the team in Manchester.
You will research, define and build the technology assets needed to create new software products and make the business successful and you will focus on the implementation of advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
This is an opportunity to be part of building a new greenfield capability within a mature and successful company in a truly cutting edge and exciting area of technology in a new and growing market. You will join a team which includes Cloud & AI Development capabilities and collaborate to deliver a full insight platform.
You will be a creative, positive, adaptable and experienced individual with a very strong AI & Technology background, a strong background in Artificial Intelligence technologies.
You will have experience integrating AI-based solutions with the real world through different means, with a depth of experience in one or more of
- Natural Language Processing (Speech)
- Radar and other RF-based sensors
What will you be accountable for?
- You will play a key role in the delivery of new AI & Technology capabilities and ensure that your team remains at the cutting edge of applied Artificial Intelligence technology, both on-device and on-cloud.
- You will be crucial to the to delivering the technology strategy and roadmap and communicate clearly where opportunities exist or customisations are required.
- You will understand the advanced AI & Technology needs of real customers and develop those technologies.
- You will collaborate with the Cloud and AI Development teams to deliver implemented software and share your knowledge with your colleagues to help create a high performing team.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You will be able to demonstrate a wide understanding of meaningful and applicable AI technologies within IoT services; machine learning; data science; client computing, smartphones and sensor devices; wireless technologies, security and cloud.
- You will be able to prove your depth of experience of Deep Neural Networks (both training & application) and other machine learning approaches to solve real-world problems.
- You will possess strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and be enthusiastic about solving challenges which are as-yet unsolved.
- You will have experience developing and extending AI models to solve real-world problems using different programming frameworks such as Tensorflow. Any knowledge of CMSIS NN or Arm NN would be beneficial
Are you excited by those responsibilities? Are you fit for those requirements? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is essential, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps