We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and we are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can independently craft new neural network models to perform more traditional image processing operations. Together, we will explore the opportunities to improve the quality of Arm's image processing products using Neural Networks as well as understand its limitations. This is a rare opportunity to push the boundaries of where this new technology gets deployed.
What will I be accountable for?
You will join Arm's Multimedia Architecture & Technology team to help develop new technology for future products related to multimedia and imaging technology such as display processing, camera/ISP and video. As part of the multi-disciplined team, you will work alongside some of the most talented architects and technologists in the industry. You will look at how we can use CNNs to augment, improve or replace existing functionality in these product lines and related tooling. The team will be relying on you to advise them on what's practical as well as what's possible to do with Neural Network models and other Machine Learning techniques.
You will be primarily developing and training prototypes and proof-of-concept models implementing standard imaging operations such as denoise, demosaic, HDR processing, upscaling, etc. You will also work to characterize and analyse the IQ performance of these demonstrators. You are encouraged to also find ways to improve other aspects of our products or development flows, for example perhaps using Machine Learning to tune existing traditional algorithms.
We're looking for developers with a proven track record of creating Neural Network models and is familiar with all aspects of the development process this entails. We need someone with hands on experience creating and curating training sets, training and debugging models and optimizing for specific inference targets. You should have experience working in one or more of the major ML frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch).
The ideal person is someone with a keen problem solving mind, passionate about state of the art machine learning, and its ability to find solutions to new and complex problems.
Essential skills and experience:
Ideal practical skills:
- Linux development environment experience
- Experience with multiple NN frameworks
- Cloud training of networks and using Amazon EC2 experience an advantage
- Knowledge of image processing pipelines and algorithms
- Understanding of Image Quality and characterization methodologies
- Experience of the inner workings of Tensorflow or Tensorflow Lite
- Strong knowledge of PyTorch and Caffe
- Reasonable experience with C++
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps