We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to test drive Arm's next-next-gen GPUs, CPUs and other more exotic processors very early in their development cycle and see how they handle? Are you passionate about pushing new designs to the limits? We are Arm's Central Technology organisation and we are responsible for trail-blazing the future technology which will keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join a team crafting highly-tuned implementations of groundbreaking imaging and vision algorithms across the full range of Arm's processors.
What will I be accountable for?
You will join a small team of software engineers building implementations of state of the art Computational Photography, classic Computer Vision, and other algorithms developed by Arm's own team of algorithm researchers. You will carefully craft highly optimized code for specific models of CPUs, GPUs and other classes of processor. Not only will you be providing invaluable feedback and insights to help processor architects improve their designs but you will also provide Arm's customers with the latest algorithms optimized for the newest processors.
- Strong C, C++ development experience
- Deep understanding of software profiling and optimization
- Experience working with inline assembler and compiler intrinsics
- GPGPU experience using OpenCL and/or CUDA
- Experience programming DSPs or working with vector instructions sets such as NEON, SSE, etc.
- Understanding of processor design and operation
- Experience developing with OpenCV or similar libraries
- Understanding of image processing algorithms & Computational Photography
- Familiarity with processor development flows and modelling environments
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Opening date: 23rd July 2019
Closing date: 20th August 2019
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps