We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to be part of our growing developer evangelist team and be the first to play with the technology that will soon be deployed in billions of devices? The Client line of business in Arm is looking for motivated engineers to grow our newly formed team to accelerate the adoption of Arm technology and products in the mobile developer space.
About the Role
For this opportunity you will be working in a team who owns and maintains Arm’s technical front to mobile developers. Working alongside the developer marketing team, your responsibilities will include building cohesive Arm technology packages with practical developer advice. Part of this highly-dedicated team of engineers you will research and experiment with new graphics technologies using the latest Graphics APIs on current and future Arm hardware.
Duties include the following tasks:
- Writing technical documents and best-practice blogs
- Testing new graphics techniques on existing and new Arm hardware
- Coordination with developer marketing to identify developer needs
- Technical evaluation of proposed software optimization tasks
- Progress reporting and liaising with other remote teams
- Preparing and delivering talks and trainings
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- You are experienced in the fundamentals of game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal
- You have experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan
- You will possess strong knowledge of C/C++
- Your knowledge of Mali or other mobile GPU architecture will be highly appreciated
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
It would be good if you also had:
- Knowledge of the mobile software and developer landscape
- Experience of agile scrum process
- Experience with Android or Linux internals
- Knowledge of Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
- Working knowledge of developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms
- Experience in technical writing
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are hiring a number of Developers at this location.
Opening date: 11th June 2019
Closing date: 8th July 2019
Location: Cambridge, UK
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps