We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Information Technology group at Arm provides a variety of services to support existing and future commercial activities through working closely with the global enterprise to develop business change initiatives. We collaborate with wider Arm to deliver value through business change to support Arm's growth in an agile, resilient and scalable way.
We are seeking a capable and experienced individual to work within the IT Delivery team, collaborating with our colleagues in the Finance area to deliver improvements to our Financial planning systems. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions on the Adaptive Insights platform that align to desired business processes and requirements.
As an expert in the use of Adaptive Insights and in financial planning processes, you’ll act as a consultant, providing guidance and support to the business and IT teams in best practice approaches to planning in Adaptive, before implementing the solutions you have designed within the Adaptive system.
You’ll also work to upskill the existing Financial Planning and IT teams to enable them to support the system in the long term.
You would join an engaging functional team and will work day to day within the Plan to Act Agile Scrum team, alongside Product Managers & Owners, Scrum Masters, developers, testers, UX and architects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, collaborative and driven team and to work together to have a real impact on the way Arm works in the future.
About the role
Are you an authority on using Adaptive for Financial Planning? Are you self-motivated, with strong structuring and analytical skills and a “can do” attitude? Are you a capable problem solver, who excels at turning challenging business requirements into workable solutions?
What will I be accountable for?
Who you are
- Provide guidance and support to the Product Owner, Business Analysts and other stakeholders on the capabilities of Adaptive, assisting in the refinement of business processes and requirements
- Convert business requirements and process into solution designs that can be implemented in Adaptive and integrated systems
- Configure the Adaptive platform to provide the solution you have designed
- Work with Finance and IT colleagues to upskill them in the use/configuration and management of the Adaptive solution
- Excel at converting – sometimes ambiguous – problems and requirements into workable solutions
- Strong consultancy skills with a keen focus on helping others to achieve their business goals and outcomes
- A keen attention to detail, ensuring your deliverables are precise and aligned exactly to the business need
- Demonstrate drive, energy and resilience to work in an agile environment
- Approachable, confident and friendly manner, able to challenge appropriately
- Able to handle multiple activities, prioritizing appropriately to maximize value delivered
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate connecting with global stakeholders
- Duration of this contract is 6 months
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in Adaptive Planning required
- Excellent working knowledge of all elements of configuring and supporting the Adaptive Insights tool
- Considerable experience configuring the Adaptive Insights solution to support Financial/Operational Planning
- Converting business requirements and processes into working solution designs
- Understanding of financial terminology and end to end processes is desirable
- Flexibility to structure and prioritize own work
- Producing technical and functional documentation
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Work to deadlines
- Exposure to Lean/Agile methodologies
- Use of Jira, Confluence and the Microsoft Office 365 package
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps