We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement Group (SPE) has the charter to ensure success for customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through creative services. The role of the Software Applications Engineer is to provide customer support on Arm architecture, software ecosystem and use of Arm's development tools. The role requires a mix of broad technical knowledge, analytical skills and customer awareness.
What will you be accountable for?
This role involves customer support activities that will take a number of forms. First of all, you will need to be able to analyze complex problems and provide comprehensive responses to customers developing software for Arm-based processors. Such inquiries will come by email, web portal, telephone or face to face meetings.
Secondly, you will be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
Lastly, you will provide in-depth technical training to customers worldwide. You will have domestic and international travel opportunities.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- You will build on your Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience).
- Strong level of experience as an Applications Engineer or an embedded software development engineer
- You have experience writing software in assembly and C/C++
- Experience using software development tools to debug and optimize code
- A deep understanding of microprocessors is required
- Understanding of the interaction between software and hardware is required
- Understanding of multi-core or multi-processor systems is a plus
- Some familiarity with embedded Linux or Android is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work individually and as part of a global team
- Passionate about learning and problem solving
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is essential, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps